About the Project
Enhance Cyber Capacity Building in Romania for Preventing and Combating the Cybercrime Phenomenon
This project is developed by the Romanian Association for Information Security Assurance (RAISA) with the help of the U.S. Embassy in Romania.
09/01/2020 – 03/31/2021
Purpose of the program
The program goal is to strengthen the cyber capacity in Romania by raising cybersecurity awareness and improve the skills of criminal justice authorities and private sector in fighting cybercrime.
The program objectives are:
- Raising public awareness on cybersecurity;
- Delivering online trainings for public institutions, private companies, and academia;
- Creating a web platform for promoting cyber awareness and trainings;
- Developing a cyber-hygiene guideline for securing personal computers and networks and best practices for cyber-attacks prevention and mitigation;
- Promoting international cooperation in fighting cybercrime.
- Criminal justice authorities (police officers, prosecutors, and judges);
- Non-IT professionals from public institutions and private companies;
- Students and teaching personnel (teachers and professors);
- Children and parents.
- Civil society;
- Education system;
- Public institutions and private companies.
About the Organiser
Who We Are
What We Do
Relevant RAISA’s projects and initiatives:
- Coordinating the “Cybersecurity: Challenges and Perspectives in Education” book, developed with the support of the Romanian National Computer Security Incident Response Team (CERT-RO) and the Romanian Ministry of Education and Research: https://www.arasec.ro/documente/CybersecurityEDU2020-RO.pdf
- Coordinating the “Considerations on Challenges and Future Directions in Cybersecurity” study, developed on the occasion of the Romanian Presidency at the Council of the European Union, with the support of the Romanian National Computer Security Incident Response Team (CERT-RO) and the National Cyberint Center within the Romanian Intelligence Service: https://www.raisa.org/documents/CybersecurityRO2019.pdf
- Publishing the scientific International Journal of Information Security and Cybercrime (IJISC), ISSN: 2285-9225, DOI: 10.19107/IJISC: https://www.ijisc.com
- Developing the “Studies on Implementing Safety Measures in Order to Ensure Information Security” project, website: www.securitatea-informatiilor.ro
- Developing the “Protection of Computer Systems Against Cybercrime Phenomenon” project, website: www.criminalitatea-informatica.ro
- Developing the “Analysis of the computer networks security. Architectures, protocols, and solutions” project, website: www.securitatea-retelelor.ro
- Developing the “Strategies for monitoring the online platforms security” project, website: www.web-scan.eu
- Developing the “Implementation of IT&C Technologies in On-line Education System” project, website: www.arasec.ro/elearning.