Investigating Cryptocurrency Transactions – Course no. 5
The course is organized for the “Fighting crime and corruption” project, funded by the Justice Programme of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021.
DATE AND TIME
December 05 – 08, 2022, 9:00-16:30
Online (Microsoft Teams platform)
The aim of this training is to enhance the training of participants in using tools to investigate cryptocurrency transactions.
The participants will gain knowledge about the phenomenon of cryptocurrencies, as well as methods to investigate transactions made with virtual currencies.
Prosecutors, police officers and experts from:
- Prosecutor’s Office attached to the High Court of Cassation and Justice;
- National Anticorruption Directorate;
- Directorate for Investigating Organized Crime and Terrorism.
At the end of the training the participant will be able to:
- Increase their skills and knowledge for investigating online money laundering cases;
- Acquire general knowledge of the online money laundering techniques and methods;
- Become aware of the integration of financial investigation into general crime investigations.
- Blockchain technology analysis;
- Presentation of cryptocurrencies;
- Cryptocurrency transaction ecosystem;
- Types and functionalities of cryptocurrency wallets;
- Analysis of the Bitcoin ecosystem;
- Anonymisation of transactions made in cryptocurrencies;
- OSINT techniques for investigating cryptocurrency transactions;
- Analysis of cryptocurrency transactions;
- Establishing the origin and final destination of cryptocurrency transfers;
- Cooperation with crypto-exchange services and other entities in the crypto ecosystem;
- Establishing the action plan in the investigation of cryptocurrency transactions;
- Elements taken into account in computer forensics;
- Procedures for seizure and capitalisation of cryptocurrencies.
- Cătălin COSOI
- Silviu SOFRONIE
- invited experts
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
The participants will receive a certificate of attendance, issued by the Romanian Association for Information Security Assurance (RAISA).
- Lectures 16
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level Medium
- Language Romanian
- Students 14
- Assessments Yes
- Blockchain technology analysis
- Presentation of cryptocurrencies
- Cryptocurrency transaction ecosystem
- Types and functionalities of cryptocurrency wallets
- Analysis of the Bitcoin ecosystem
- Anonymisation of transactions made in cryptocurrencies
- OSINT techniques for investigating cryptocurrency transactions
- Analysis of cryptocurrency transactions
- Establishing the origin and final destination of cryptocurrency transfers
- Cooperation with crypto-exchange services and other entities in the crypto ecosystem
- Establishing the action plan in the investigation of cryptocurrency transactions
- Elements taken into account in computer forensics
- Procedures for seizure and capitalisation of cryptocurrencies
Post presentations session