This Cybersecurity Guide (ISBN: 978-973-0-33645-0) was developed by the Romanian Association for Information Security Assurance (RAISA) with the help of the U.S. Embassy in Romania, the Romanian National Computer Security Incident Response Team (CERT-RO), and the National Association for Information Systems Security (ANSSI).
“Written in the form of a concise and pragmatic cybersecurity guide, this superb work epitomizes, in just a few dozen pages, over a century of concrete experience from its 11 authors. Basic concepts such as confidentiality, integrity, availability, personal data protection, but also specific elements from European or Romanian legislation related to the cybersecurity field, are transmitted in a clear, simple, but not simplified form“.
Dan Cîmpean – General Director of CERT-RO
This guide was developed within the “Enhance Cyber Capacity Building in Romania for Preventing and Combating the Cybercrime Phenomenon” project and contains 18 sections of cybersecurity best practices.The authors of this guide are:
- Iulian ALECU is the Deputy General Director of the Romanian National Computer Security Incident Response Team (CERT-RO), with an experience of more than eight years in cybersecurity and related international cooperation. He was the Chair of the Cooperation Group during the Romanian Presidency at the Council of the European Union.
- Costel CIUCHI, PhD, is a Senior Expert in the Information Technology and Digitalization Directorate, General Secretariat of the Government with responsibilities in developing government apps and infrastructure, security of IT services (INFOSEC) and coordinating Gov.ro Domain Registry. Associate Professor at University Politehnica of Bucharest, he conducts research activities in decision making, cybersecurity and security risk area.
- Toma CÎMPEANU has more than 20 years’ experience in the ICT field, holding top positions in both public and private companies and contributing to several nationwide projects such as e-licitatie.ro, ghiseul.ro, Romanian National Point of Single Contact (PCUe), Ro-Net and other. Since 2015, he is the CEO of the National Association for Information Systems Security (ANSSI).
- Iulian COMAN is a Seconded National Expert at the European Union Agency for Law Enforcement Training (CEPOL), police officer in the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Romania, with expertise in analysis, law enforcement training and international relations. He is a PhD candidate in public order and national security domain with the ‘Alexandru Ioan Cuza’ Police Academy Bucharest.
- Larisa GĂBUDEANU is a data protection expert and a PhD candidate at the Babeș-Bolyai University. With a vast experience as a lawyer in an international law firm, counselling international clients and coordinating projects related to IT law and data protection matters, she also has good knowledge of information security gathered in a regional banking group and from her academic background in information security.
- Ioan-Cosmin MIHAI, PhD, is a researcher, professor, trainer, and conference speaker, with an experience of more than 15 years in cybercrime and cybersecurity. He is associate professor at “Al. I. Cuza” Police Academy, visiting professor at the University Politehnica of Bucharest and “Carol I” National Defence University, Romania, and vice president of the Romanian Association for Information Security Assurance (RAISA).
- Cosmina MOGHIOR is a Public Policy Expert at CERT-RO, where she represents the institution in the NIS Cooperation Group and provides expertise in the European Cybersecurity Certification Group. She is also an active academic, being a Ph.D. Candidate at the National School of Political and Administrative Studies, with the thesis “European Digital Sovereignty: Technological Independence in the Context of Strategic Confrontation.”
- Nelu MUNTEANU is the Technical Director of the Romanian National Computer Security Incident Response Team (CERT-RO), with an experience of more than 18 years in IT&C and cybersecurity domains. He has been managing the technical department at CERT-RO since 2016 and participating on many activities dedicated to increase the awareness level and education on cybersecurity.
- Gabriel PETRICĂ, PhD, has an extensive experience acquired in over 25 years of work in ICT field. With a PhD in Electronics, his area of interest includes the dependability of systems, Web programming and information security. Currently he performs teaching and research activities within the Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology from the University Politehnica of Bucharest.
- Ionuț STOICA is Senior Project Officer within the Council of Europe, Cybercrime Programme Office, with an experience of more than 14 years’ experience in cybercrime investigations and trainings. He is currently involved in capacity building programs on cybercrime and he is also a trainer on cybercrime for the Romanian Banking Institute.
- Cătălin ZETU is leading the Cyber Attacks Office, part of the Romanian Central Cybercrime Unit, with wide responsibilities from investigations, to intelligence and strategy. Cătălin is developing strong partnership with private partners in order to bust the overall capacity of the unit. He is a very experienced cybercrime investigator that worked or supervised high profile cases with multiple international ramifications.