The CyberLearning Academy organizes training and learning activities for individuals, private companies, and criminal justice authorities. The courses aspire to develop competencies essential for the digital age, promote exchanging knowledge and experiences, and build long-lasting professional networks. Our objectives are to raise public cyber awareness, deliver training activities for individuals, private companies, and criminal justice authorities, disseminate guidelines and best practices, and promote international cooperation among public, private, and academic environments.
The CyberLearning Academy was developed by the Romanian Association for Information Security Assurance (RAISA) with the help of the U.S. Embassy in Romania within the “Enhance Cyber Capacity Building in Romania for Preventing and Combating the Cybercrime Phenomenon” project.
Our training activities provide opportunities to stay updated with the latest national and international developments and trends in the digital field. The CyberLearning Academy utilizes different instructional approaches, including onsite, online, and blended learning methods where traditional teaching is supplemented with online resources.
The CyberLearning Academy develops training activities for:
- Criminal justice authorities (police officers, prosecutors, and judges);
- Non-IT professionals from public institutions and private companies;
- Students and teaching personnel (teachers and professors);
- Children and parents.
The learning portfolio is designed to help participants improve their knowledge, skills, and competencies in a wide range of thematic areas:
- Cybersecurity awareness;
- Cyber-threats evolutions;
- Cybersecurity tools and solutions;
- Online money laundering;
- Electronic evidence;
- Cyber intelligence;
- Open-source intelligence (OSINT) tools and techniques;
- Cryptocurrency transaction investigations;
- Malware analysis.
The CyberLearning Academy represents one of the initiatives developed within the partnership between the U.S. Embassy in Romania and the Romanian Association for Information Security Assurance (RAISA) that obtained the Cyber Outstanding Security Performance Award (Cyber OSPA) 2022.
The awarded partnership started as an initiative to strengthen cyber capacity and cybersecurity education. It brought together law enforcement, public institutions, international private companies, universities, and NGOs, all working together to deliver training activities, develop guidelines, and organize conferences to raise awareness, embody the cybersecurity culture, and protect people and institutions from cybercrime.
CyberLearning Academy organized training activities within the following projects:
- “Enhance Cyber Capacity Building in Romania for Preventing and Combating the Cybercrime Phenomenon” (2020-2021), developed by the Romanian Association for Information Security Assurance with the support of the U.S. Embassy in Romania;
- “Strengthen Cybersecurity Education and Research for Preventing Cybercrime” (2021-2022), developed by the Romanian Association for Information Security Assurance with the support of the U.S. Embassy in Romania;
- “Fighting crime and corruption” (2022-2023), funded by the Justice Programme of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021, developed by the Prosecutors’ office attached to the High Court of Cassation and Justice.
Who We Are
What We Do
RELEVANT PROJECTS AND INITIATIVES
- Organizing CyberClub Romania – a network of students, cybersecurity experts, and organizations to analyze cybersecurity challenges and opportunities: https://cyberclub.ro
- Organizing CyberCon Romania international conference, an annual event that aims to raise awareness, embody the cybersecurity culture, and share best practices in fighting cybercrime: https://cybercon.ro
- Organizing the scientific International Conference on Cybersecurity and Cybercrime (IC3), ISSN: 2393-0837, DOI: 10.19107/CYBERCON: https://proceedings.cybercon.ro
- Publishing the scientific International Journal of Information Security and Cybercrime (IJISC), ISSN: 2285-9225, DOI: 10.19107/IJISC: https://www.ijisc.com
- Coordinating the “Cybersecurity: Challenges and Perspectives in Education” book, developed with the support of the Romanian National Computer Security Incident Response Team (CERT-RO) and the Romanian Ministry of Education and Research: https://www.raisa.org/documents/CybersecurityEDU2020-EN.pdf
- Coordinating the “Considerations on Challenges and Future Directions in Cybersecurity” study, developed on the occasion of the Romanian Presidency at the Council of the European Union, with the support of the Romanian National Computer Security Incident Response Team (CERT-RO) and the National Cyberint Center within the Romanian Intelligence Service: https://www.raisa.org/documents/CybersecurityRO2019.pdf
- Developing the “Studies on Implementing Safety Measures to Ensure Information Security” project, website: www.securitatea-informatiilor.ro
- Developing the “Protection of Computer Systems Against Cybercrime Phenomenon” project, website: www.criminalitatea-informatica.ro
- Developing the “Analysis of the computer networks security. Architectures, protocols, and solutions” project, website: www.securitatea-retelelor.ro
- Developing the “Strategies for monitoring the online platforms security” project, website: www.web-scan.eu
- Developing the “Implementation of IT&C Technologies in Online Education System” project, website: www.arasec.ro/elearning.